Building a disciplined workout routine does wonders for our health, but it can be challenging to stay motivated before and during the workout.
Let’s face it, the act of exercising itself is usually not enjoyable. We do it mostly for the results and future health benefits, but it can be tough to get through the fatigue and pain of the actual exercises.
That’s why most people find ways to take their minds off the actual work, commonly by listening to music.
Music not only presents a diversion but also yields the inspiration and stimulation needed to maximize effort. You might not feel like hitting the gym today, but put on your best music and suddenly you’re energized and ready to go.
This is where hearing aids can be useful for those with hearing loss.
With compatible hearing aids, you can stream your favorite music directly from your music player or smartphone to your hearing aids—without any wires getting in the way.
Alternatively, if you’re in the learning mode, you can also stream your favorite podcasts or internet based courses, enhancing both your mental and physical health simultaneously.
Have a fitness partner instead?
Today’s hearing aid models, equipped with directional microphones, focus on and accentuate speech while controlling background noise, making it easier to carry a discussion with your partner in a fast paced gym.
For all of these reasons hearing aids are indispensable gym equipment, but you may be concerned about potential damage to the device from sweat and moisture.
While the majority of hearing aid models are resistant against dust and wetness to some extent, there are a few accessories you can use to protect your hearing aids at the gym.
Think about investing in:
- Hearing aid sweatbands – these absorbent sleeves fit over your hearing aids, shielding them from sweat and dirt.
- Hearing aid clips – helps to prevent damage or loss if your hearing aids become inadvertently dislodged from your ears.
- Batteries – keeping an extra pair on hand ensures you won’t run out of power mid-workout.
- Cleaning kits – helps clean and sanitize your hearing aids post-workout.
- Hearing aid dehumidifier – well worth investing in for three reasons: dehumidifiers 1) remove moisture, 2) sanitize using UV light, and 3) provide a safe place for overnight storage.
With a little care and planning, you can safely enjoy all the advantages of hearing aids at the gym.
If you have any questions, or want to get more info about hearing aid accessories for the gym, send us a message or give us a call!